Thursday, July 9, 2009

University Blues

The two questions I've been asking myself over and over again for the past three weeks are...
1. Why am I being sent to the other side of the country far away from the city?
2. What am I studying again?

Ok, so I'm currently studying in one of the country's Federal Territories taking up a course called E-Commerce. I always imagined myself studying at a prestigous university like Cambridge or Oxford (oh come on, who doesn't?) but you can't always have everything in life so it looks like I'm going to be here for a while.

I was bummed for being sent here. I could have gone to Australia to take up a degree in Agricultural Science. At one point(prior to receiving my offer from Sabah) it was guranteed that I would be eating Vegemite again by the first week of August, that was until the end of June that I was living in that fairytale.

Well long story short, a lot of my friends and relatives have been telling me to complete my degree program here and then go to Australia or wherever it is I want to go after this. It's one of those things I'll never understand why, but no fret, I'm staying here. Bring on the duty free chocolates :).

No comments:

Post a Comment