Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Home and Back again

After spending 1 heavenly week back in Penang, I'm once again wasting my time in Labuan. I've been doing a bit of studying here and there but it's at a really slow rate(try one or two pages per day). Least it's better than spending hours on the phone trying to negogiate a way off this rock. I'll pick up the pace soon enough. I want to get on the Dean's List, I hope I do.

One of the disadvantages of being a Penangite is that you will never enjoy better food anywhere else in the world. Seriously, for some strange reason I get refuted when I say I'll love the food in Australia every time I mention "Let me go to Australia! I won't miss Penang food."

After spending my first six weeks here I couldn't be bothered if fish and chips, pies and vegemite sandwiches will NEVER EVER be part of my diet. Let's face it, a return to OZ seems like it's never going to happen. So I've given up on trying to find a way back.

Anyway, if you can't live without Mamak food, Chinese food, Indian food this is the perfect place to go on a hunger strike. Nothing beats Penang food, NOTHING! Go to Mid-Valley in PJ and order a plate of Wan-tan mee and you will not enjoy it as much as you'll enjoy it back home. No offence to whosoever is the cook over there but it's the truth. Think I spent my first night in Sabah promoting Penang food. I spent my final afternoon in Sabah talking about Penang food with another Penangite(much to everyone's annoyance).

On the other hand, the beaches back home, with the exception of Monkey Beach, are filthier. But I hardly go to the beach here... seen it, been there, done that. A lot of people seem to love going to the beach often. By the way, riding the waves in a canoe is fun.

Just for the sake of bragging, my English lecturer thinks my essay map is brilliant but I think I got lucky. Can't blame me for gloating, I feel a little vindicated...

Speak now or forever hold your peas...

No comments:

Post a Comment